We are former in-house attorneys. We have managed legal teams, compliance programs, and held executive-level positions in high-growth companies. We understand what you're trying to achieve.
We help our clients spot issues, brainstorm alternative approaches, and let you know when you have a problem that may require more action. We can manage incoming legal matters. If a matter is outside of our practice area, we will find appropriate counsel, ensure the billing fees and time spent on the matter are appropriate and, serve as a middleman between specialist and your executive team.
With our General Counsel Services, we can serve as a fractional general counsel if your business is not ready for a full time general counsel or we can supplement your existing legal team on a per-project or ongoing basis. We are able to supplement general counsel service hours with contracts managers or corporate counsel to ensure that our clients receive the right experience level for the task.
What Can Outside General Counsel Do For You?
- Commercial contracts, integration agreements, licensing agreements, and strategic transactions.
- Corporate governance, board and shareholder resolutions, consents, directors meetings, shareholder meetings, and minutes and participation in board or committee meetings.
- Capital raises, cap table management, stock option, or equity plan management.
- Counseling officers and directors on fiduciary duties and strategic considerations.
- Employment matters, including hiring, retention, termination, and employee handbooks and policy drafting.
- Employment law compliance initiatives such as FLSA classification, wage/hour issues, pay equity issues, and advise on ethics and DEI programs.
- Executive compensation, including stock options, restricted stock agreements, and equity and non-equity based incentive compensation.
- Trademark, patent and other intellectual property protection.
- Real estate purchases and commercial leasing.
- Policy development, compliance program development, and training program development.