Bonnie is an experienced general counsel and operations executive with extensive experience leading teams and organizations through strategic growth, change management, and operational improvement initiatives. She loves advising technology companies in the areas of SaaS licensing, data privacy, employment law, legal operations, and M&A. In addition to managing legal affairs, she has led Information Security, Data Privacy, Immigration, and Real Estate teams. Bonnie holds a J.D. from the University of Pittsburgh School of Law and an M.B.A from the University of Washington Foster School of Business.
- For various technology companies, managed multiple buy-side and sell-side acquisitions with deal sizes varying from $1.5M to $100M+, including early deal assessment, due diligence, and integration. Prepared several companies for acquisition.
- Managed all corporate governance for various technology companies, including board minutes, resolutions, corporate structure, foreign subsidiary compliance, stock option plan administration, and cap table management.
- Advised product and engineering teams on regulatory issues that drove customer purchasing behaviors, go-to-market strategies for regulated products. Advised on regulatory aspects associated with new products. Familiar with bots, artificial intelligence, telecommunications/messaging applications, SaaS, Software, Open Source, block chain, and FinTech and MarTech applications.
- For various technology companies, assessed strategic value of intellectual property portfolio, filed trademark applications, initiated multiple patent applications, and created intellectual property docketing systems.
- For various technology companies, created an internal compliance function which included gap assessments, compliance tracking, policy development, training, and audit functions for key areas of risk.
- Managed privacy compliance and information security teams. Implemented internal audit function for information security function and aligned the organization's security framework to NIST.
- For various technology companies, managed information security audits and certification process (SOC, ISO and FedRAMP).
- Advise leadership on employment risk (terminations, severance, and litigation) and drafted a wide variety of employment agreements and policies.
- Advised various companies on various employment laws, including FLSA, ADA, FCRA.
- Strategically managed litigation and arbitration for several technology companies, including a successful settlement and a resolution of coverage dispute with insurance carrier which resulted in no out-of-pocket liability.
- Drafted and negotiated a varited of commercial leases and managed the commercial real estate portfolio (26 locations) of an engineering services firm which included financial analysis, term sheet and lease negotiation, office consolidation plan execution, and three-year CAPEX road-map for remodels and build-outs.
Recognition & Community Involvement
- Nominated to participate in private equity owner's "Advanced Management Program" for key executives.
- Nominated by CEO to manage Change Champion Network to facilitate bi-directional communication paths during time of organization change and churn.
- Board Member at Technology Association of Oregon Board, participate on the Nominations and Governance Committee and the Advocacy Committee.
- President to the Oregon Chapter of the Association of Corporate Counsel, Treasurer and Board Member 2012-2019.
- Adjunct professor at the Lewis & Clark School of Law and John Marshall School of Law 2011-2015.
- Graduate of the Stanford Executive Education in M&A and University of Washington Foster School of Business MBA programs.